24 Dec 2016
Star-Trail Photography & Star gazing Workshop by Kedar Bhat
In short it is long exposure photography of the stars in the night sky. There are a number of techniques and software to do the job. As against regular photography, basic knowledge of Astronomy is equally important to do Star-Trail photography. In this workshop I will be teaching fundamentals of Astronomy and star gazing along with the actual techniques, equipment and post processing software. At the end of the workshop participants will take home at-least one good quality Star-Trail photo.
I will be bringing a telescope for Star-gazing session during the workshop. You can also bring your own telescopes/binoculars etc for the workshop if you have one.
View Star Trail images taken by participants of the last workshop:
& the first workshop: http://www.pixelcompo.com/blog/155-first-star-trail-photography-workshop-results
Who can join?:
You don't need any prior knowledge of Astronomy. I will be teaching basic Astronomy too. All you need is a DSLR or a point and shoot camera with manual exposure mode and a laptop to process the images during the workshop. If you don't have a laptop, you can do processing at home. I will guide you while you process them on your own at home.
I can provide a DSLR on rent for the day @ Rs.600/-
Rs.3000/- if registered on or before 17th Dec 2016
Rs.3250/- if registered on or after 18th Dec 2016
Rs.1500/- for participants who have earlier attended this workshop & want to practice/refresh/polish their skills.
Your seat will be confirmed only after you complete the Booking process mentioned bellow.
What's included? :
Tea/coffee, Dinner on day1, breakfast on day2
Accommodation in Tents.
- It will be cold out there. So do carry woolens/sleeping bags/gloves etc.
- Food served will be basic good Maharashtrian veg food.
- Accommodation will be in Tents. For Star-Trail photography we need remote locations away from city lights and pollution. Hence the choice of this location.
- Do carry your medicines.
- Smoking and alcohol strictly prohibited
Venue: Ranjaai Farms, Khanapur village, near Donje Phata, Pune. Pl See the map at the bottom.
Directions: Reach Donje Phata and take a right turn. Proceed towards Khanapur village (Khanapur Manerwadi on Google map). Take left turn towards Thoptewadi in a narrow lane next to Mataji Sweets. After about 1.5km take a small left to Ranjai farms.
24 Dec, Saturday:
- 5.30 pm Report at Ranjai farms at Khanapur village near Sinhgad on your own.
- 6 pm Evening tea and introduction.
- 7pm to 8.30pm Classroom session. Here I will be teaching fundamentals of Astronomy, Star-gazing, software & Start-trail Photography techniques with demonstration.
- 8.30 pm Dinner
- 9.30 pm to 1am Star trail photography under the night sky.
- 1 am Participants will retire to their tents to sleep.
25 Dec, Sunday:
- 6.30 am Morning tea.
- 8 am Breakfast.
- 8.30 am to 10am I will be teaching post-processing of the images we have shot on the previous night.
- 11 am Program ends & participants go home with their Star-trail Photos.
To enroll for the workshop follow the 4 step enrollment procedure.
- Submit the online enrollment form: click here
- Make the payment: After I receive your form, you will receive an email from me with my Bank details for payment. Once you make the payment, email me the transaction id / payment details so that I can verify it in my Bank.
- Once I receive your payment, I will send you a confirmation email and your seat will be confirmed.
Fees won’t be refunded. But I can give you 2 choices:
- You have an option to transfer your participation to a person of your choice for the same workshop
- You can attend a future workshop of mine within next 3 months by paying an additional fee of Rs.1000/-. After that period you will have to pay complete fee as applicable at that point of time, if you wish to attend my workshop.
View Greenwood Farm in a larger map